Temporary Connection to an NFS Server
It is possible to make a temporary connection to an NFS server if you like.
Please note however, that NFS technology has not been designed for this kind
of usage. Perform the following steps:
- Select the menu item Configuration > Mount NFS Share Manually…. Alternatively
you can click on the icon Manual Mount in the toolbar of an open configuration
- Use the buttons at Mode to select if the connection should
be made for all users or for you only.
- Enter the DNS name or the IP address of the server to which a connection
should be made into the field NFS Server. If you know that the
server advertizes its NFS services to the local network via Bonjour, you
can also press the button Select… and choose the server from
- Enter the desired path of the NFS share
into the field Share Path. If you don't know the name, you can display a
list of all shares of the selected server after pressing the button Select….
- Enter the BSD path of the folder where you like the server data to appear
into the field Mount Point. You can also navigate to this folder by pressing
the Select… button.
- If you know that special options are necessary to successfully connect
to the server, press the button Show advanced options. Additional settings
can be configured in a dialog sheet.
- Press the button Mount.
OS X will try to establish the connection. Upon success, the Finder will
display the share as a network disk. The files shared by the server will appear
in the selected folder.
Further information: Making a Temporary Connection to
an NFS server