Release 1.3 (Build 130506)
- Added new feature to list Macintosh volume names as comment lines in the
menu for monitored disks. This helps users to more easily identify which
volumes are located on which disks.
- Added new preference setting to display paging operations as transferred
memory sizes, instead of as counters.
- Bar chart displays shown in the menu bar have been slightly redesigned
to provide a more elegant look.
- In the list of possible providers for WAN IP address lookups, the service
of “The Privacy Ecosystem” has been replaced by the service of Amazon Inc.
- Corrected a problem where the activity indicators of network interfaces
did not work correctly when all activity indicators for disk drives had been
- Corrected a problem where the first digit of numerical displays of temperature
readings in centigrades or of total system load may have been suppressed
by the menu bar layout when a value of 99 was exceeded.
Release 1.21 (Build 120402)
This is a maintenance update which enhances network monitoring behavior on
systems where complex changes regarding network environment or network hardware
occur at runtime.
Release 1.2 (Build 120210)
- Added new monitor item to display the main temperature at the first processor
and all fan revs.
- Added support for new features of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Added new feature to optionally display the top 5 memory consuming processes
with absolute real private memory readings instead of percentage values.
- Added new feature to display the bandwidths of network interfaces as bits
instead of bytes.
- Added new feature to optionally suppress decimal places for large numeric
displays in the menu bar.
- Added new feature to control the widths of graphs displayed in the menu
- Added new feature to change the order of the different menu bar items.
- Added new feature to take over preference settings from a possibly installed
trial version of System Monitor.
- Enhanced the layout of two-line menu bar displays.
- Readings per second are now displayed with a cleaner layout.
- Corrected a problem where peak values for disk throughput and accumulated
data transfer readings for network interfaces could be displayed incorrectly
under certain circumstances.
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 are no longer supported. The minimum requirement
for usage is Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Release 1.1 (Build 110411)
- The space needed for numerical elements in the menu bar will no longer be
optimized on each refresh. This avoids any distracting “width flicker” when
the menu bar has been configured for numeric displays.
- Alternative to the display of total CPU load, the individual loads for
each single CPU can now also be displayed in the menu bar.
- When displaying network activity, new alternative icons more reflecting
the meaning “upload / download” can be selected.
- Two-line displays for numeric data in the menu bar use a larger font size
Release 1.0 (Build 110228)
First official version of System Monitor.